Wise Men (#312)
Bible version used: KJV
Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came WISE MEN from the east to Jerusalem, saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? For we have seen his star in the east and are come to worship him. Matthew 2:1, 2
Millions saw the brilliant star.
But only a few WISE MEN left the comforts of their homes to find out what it meant.
Thousands, including King Herod and the Jewish scholars knew that the Bible had predicted that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem.
But only the WISE MEN went there.
Thousands will attend special programs.
But only a few WISE MEN will seek the Savior.
Millions will read the story of Christmas.
But only a few WISE MEN will take action.
WHAT DID THE WISE MEN DO?
1. They had evidence that something important was happening, and they took action.
2. They sought out and listened to those who had the facts.
3. They responded appropriately: They rejoiced; they worshipped; they gave gifts.
HOW CAN YOU BE WISE?
1. Recognize that the coming of Jesus Christ was a tremendous event and do something about it.
Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:10, 11
2. Find out the facts. Go to the Bible, read the Gospel of Matthew, and visit a Bible-teaching church.
These are written that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing ye might have life through his name. John 20:31
3. Respond! Repent of your sin and humble yourself before Jesus Christ, the King of kings, the mighty Judge, the Savior of mankind, who loved us so much that He came to die for our salvation.
Ye shall seek me and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13
O come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our maker. Psalm 95:6
Jesus said, “Therefore, whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house; and it fell not, for it was founded upon a rock.” Matthew 7:24, 25
Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts! Hebrews 4:7